R Sheet on Competition in Artificial Intelligence
- 1) AI can power innovations across the entire economy by augmenting human decision-making, automating rote tasks and finding new patterns in datasets.
- 2) To ensure a competitive ecosystem, Congress should focus on reducing barriers to entry that exist in the supply of labor, the supply of data and access to hardware.
- 3) Congress can increase the supply of skilled AI analysts by reforming our immigration system to allow more high-skill AI talent, and by allowing companies to deduct the cost of training AI talent.
- 4) Congress can increase the supply of high-quality datasets by opening up more government data for public use, and by clarifying the fair-use exemption for training data.
- 5) Congress can help ensure access to specialized AI hardware by avoiding political destabilization of international supply chains, and by maintaining our healthy ecosystem around distributed platforms.