Taking Action: Why Diversity in Cybersecurity Matters and How You Can Make an Impact
When: October 5, 2021, 1:00-2:30PM EST
- Jumoke Dada, Project Manager, Making Space Initiative, R Street Institute and Founder, Tech Women Network
- Tatyana Bolton, Policy Director, Cybersecurity and Emerging Threats, R Street Institute
- Lauren Zabierek, Co-Founder, Executive Director, Cyber Project, #ShareTheMicinCyber, Harvard Kennedy School’s Belfer Center
- [Moderator] Antonio “T” Scurlock, Deputy Chief Learning Officer (CLO), Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Bryson Bort, Senior Fellow and Founder, R Street Institute and SCYTHE
- Christina Morillo, Cloud Security Lead, Trimarc Security
- Zinet Kemal, Cloud Security Engineer, Best Buy
Diversity, equity and inclusion are hot topics across many industries and it is no secret that there is a need to attract more women, BIPOC and other underrepresented groups into the field of cybersecurity. Before we can achieve cyber security, we need to address the most pressing problem in the industry: a lack of workforce diversity. Without an inclusive workforce, the United States cannot expect to achieve resiliency. The time to act is now. To that end, the R Street Institute’s Cybersecurity Making Space initiative is partnering with #SharetheMicInCyber to launch CyberBase—a navigator to connect diverse professionals and employers.
Join us for “Making Space in Cybersecurity”—a website launch event followed by a panel discussion on CyberBase. You will get to hear from a variety of cybersecurity leaders and experts as they share their missions and long-term goals, discuss the power of collaboration and explore the benefits of the CyberBase website.
Recent Work from the Federal Affairs Team