Access to Science and Technology Expertise in Congress
Technology is rapidly changing, with robotics, artificial intelligence, genetic engineering, and cybersecurity becoming increasingly relevant in our daily lives. While it’s hard for anyone to keep up, it’s especially important for Congress to have access to the best possible information about the current and future state of science and technology in the US and the world. In this briefing, we will explore the importance of and avenues for Congress to access expertise in science and technology.
Hosted by the House Research & Development Caucus
co-chairs Representative Barbara Comstock and Representative Bill Foster
and in cooperation with Representative Mark Takano
Panelists will include:
- Jessica Rosenworcel – Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- Zach Graves – Senior Fellow in Technology and Governance Policy, The R Street Institute
- Dr. Peter Blair – Executive Director, Division on Engineering & Physical Sciences, National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
- Jeff Kosseff – Assistant Professor, Cyber Science Department, United States Naval Academy
- Dr. Timothy Persons – Chief Scientist, Government Accountability Office
To view this event in its entirety, please click here.
Recent Work from the Federal Affairs Team