When: Jan. 26, 2023 4:00PM ET – 7:00PM ET
Where: CTA Innovation House, 21 D Street Southeast, Washington, DC 20003
– Tim Kurth, Chief Counsel, Innovation, Data, and Commerce Subcommittee, House Energy & Commerce Committee – Majority
– Lisa Hone, Chief Counsel, Innovation, Data, and Commerce Subcommittee, House Energy & Commerce Committee – Minority
– [Moderator] Cristiano Lima, Reporter, The Washington Post
– Alexandra Reeve Givens, President & CEO, Center for Democracy and Technology
– Brandon Pugh, Director and Senior Fellow, Cybersecurity & Emerging Threats, R Street Institute
– Cameron F. Kerry, Ann R. and Andrew H. Tisch Distinguished Visiting Fellow, Governance Studies, Center for Technology Innovation at The Brookings Institution
In recognition of Data Privacy Day 2023, join the R Street Institute for a special event exploring the current status of data privacy and security legislation in the United States and the path forward in the 118th Congress. We saw significant interest in data privacy and security in 2022, notably with the American Data Privacy and Protection Act (ADPPA), but the United States is still without a comprehensive data privacy and security law. This directly impacts consumers, industry and national security.
You are invited to attend the formal program at CTA Innovation House, which will be followed by a reception. The event will feature prominent individuals in the data privacy and security field, including a panel of experts representing diverse viewpoints. Conversation will focus on a reflection of action in 2022, the urgency for a federal law, where the 118th Congress might be going and how to move forward.
- “”: https://rstreet-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_IPNA3rbMRtGT5YAmMJYb8A
- “”: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-future-of-data-privacy-and-security-in-the-118th-congress-tickets-488909731167