When: May 13, 2021 10:00am-11:00am ET
- Mike Braun, U.S. Senator for Indiana
- Mandy Smithberger, Project on Government Oversight (POGO)
- Jonathan Bydlak, R Street Institute
- Andrew Lautz, National Taxpayers Union
On Thursday, May 13, at 10am ET, Sen. Mike Braun (R-Ind.) will join R Street’s Jonathan Bydlak and National Taxpayers Union’s (NTU) Andrew Lautz to discuss his thoughts on President Joe Biden’s fiscal year (FY) 2022 budget request. Sen. Braun, elected to the U.S. Senate in 2018, has emerged as a leader in the Republican Party on budget, debt and deficit matters, and has also sponsored several good-government measures aimed at making the Defense budget more accountable to taxpayers. Sen. Braun serves on the Budget and Appropriations Committees in the U.S. Senate, and before his time in public service was a successful businessman.
After their discussion with Sen. Braun, POGO’s Mandy Smithberger will join Bydlak and Lautz for a separate discussion about the Biden budget proposal. Smithberger is an expert on national security, Pentagon reform and the Defense industry revolving door, and has served as POGO’s director of the Center for Defense Information since December 2014.
REGISTER HERE 
- “REGISTER HERE”: https://rstreet-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_7j_uQZLJTIantE1MA10NFA