R Street launches a new podcast: Why Public Service?
Today, the R Street Institute launched a new podcast focused on asking and answering one simple question: Why do people seek careers in public service?
Each episode features an interview with an individual who made the choice to participate in governing our country. Some guests have worked for the government, while others found their callings at private sector organizations including think tanks, philanthropies and political groups.
No matter which path they chose, however, they all share the same basic goal: to improve our country through public service.
Season 1 will be released weekly, every Tuesday, and includes interviews with:
- Yuval Levin, director of Social, Cultural, and Constitutional Studies, American Enterprise Institute
- Marci Harris, co-founder and CEO, POPVOX
- Michael Petrilli, president, Thomas B. Fordham Institute
- Mario Beovides, director of Policy Initiatives, NALEO Educational Fund
- Amber McReynolds, CEO, Vote at Home
- Megan Reiss, National Security Policy Advisor, Senator Mitt Romney (R-Utah)
- Carlos Mark Vera, co-founder and executive director, Pay Our Interns
- Cynthia Richie Terrell, founder and executive director, RepresentWomen
- Andy Rotherham, co-founder and partner, Bellwether Education Partners
- Cheryl Miller, director, Hertog Foundation
- Ashley Poling, Postal Regulatory Commission
- Terry Ryan, CEO, BLUUM
- Michael Stern, founder, PointofOrder.com & former Senior Counsel, U.S. House of Representatives
Subscribe and listen to Why Public Service? on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and wherever you find podcasts. (RSS feed)