Fifth Annual “California Ideas in Action” Sacramento Conference
Register to reserve your seat today.
- Steven Greenhut, PRI’s Free Cities Center and R Street Institute Western Region Director
- Sally C. Pipes, PRI President, CEO, and Thomas W. Smith Fellow in Health Care Policy
- The Hon. Tom Tait, Former Mayor of Anaheim
- Dr. Wayne Winegarden, PRI Senior Fellow in Business and Economics
- Sal Rodriguez, Southern California News Group and PRI Senior Fellow
- Lance Izumi, Senior Director, PRI’s Center for Education
- The Hon. Steve McShane, Salinas City Councilmember and CEO, Salinas Valley Chamber of Commerce
- The Hon. Dan Kolkey, PRI Board Member and Chair of PRI’s California Reform Committee
- Steve Smith, PRI Senior Fellow in Urban Studies
- Margaret “Marjy” Stagmeier, Tristar Real Estate Investment and author of Blighted: A Story of People, Politics and American Housing
Turn on any newscast, and you’ll undoubtedly see a story about the problems plaguing California’s cities – including lack of economic opportunity, failing schools, out-of-control crime, rampant homelessness, reduced access to health care, and unaffordable housing. Policymakers typically address these and other urban problems in a piecemeal fashion, failing to understand what make great cities thrive and ignoring the big reforms required to restore our urban centers as livable communities again.
The fifth annual PRI “California Ideas in Action” conference will explore market-based ideas to launch an urban comeback in our state, based upon the work of PRI’s new Free Cities Center – which cultivates innovative ideas to improve urban life based around freedom and property rights. Policy experts, elected officials and those on the front lines offer their perspectives on the real challenges facing urban California and what can be done to improve our cities so residents will feel safe and will want to plant roots in healthy communities rather than flee to safer cities, particularly those in other states.
Learn more at Pacific Research Institute.