The R Street Institute—a free-market think tank headquartered in Washington, D.C., with regional offices across the country—seeks a manager of strategic initiatives to be part of a team that will help us grow from $10 to $20 million+ in the next few years. If you want to join an energetic organization and do something extraordinary, this may be just the opportunity you need.
Your typical day at R Street may include managing multiple projects where you will identify, develop, and execute plans, prepare written analysis or PowerPoint slides, analyze data to be used by fundraising teams and design performance metrics for the organization. Your projects will focus on identifying and evaluating key strategic trends, opportunities and risks with particular focus on how we can drive effectiveness across operations and support revenue generation. You will also lead the execution of new projects as assigned, such as R Street’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiative.
This role will report to the AVP of Strategy and be part of the Operations, Finance and Strategy team.
Other Aspects of Your Role
- Conduct market research and analysis to support decision-making in key areas of strategic growth such as product development, policy impact measurement and donor management
- Ensure strategic initiatives achieve their full impact by driving cross-functional teams to decisions on important questions and solutions
- Support annual and quarterly organizational goal-setting with the executive team
- Project manage strategic initiatives and other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- A background related to the areas mentioned above, including project management, consulting or program management in a business environment
- Ability to deliver on opportunities to advance our mission while improving financial sustainability and weighing challenges and risks
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, using an analytical approach and drawing upon business insight
- Writing experience for a donor/client audience
- Ability to engage respectfully and collaboratively with staff who have diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and quick to take ownership
- Open and direct communication style with ability to present complex issues
- Bachelor’s degree required
This is a full-time job based in Washington, D.C. R Street is growing rapidly but remains a close-knit team.
R Street strives to provide a compensation package superior to those at other think tanks and nonprofits. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a health insurance option entirely paid by the employer (even for families); wellness benefit; employer-subsidized mobile phones benefit; 401(k) contributions with up to a 4 percent match; and an exceptionally generous vacation policy.
R Street does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, era of military service, gender identity, relationship structure or anything else that’s illegal, immoral or stupid to use as a basis for hiring.
We currently plan to accept applications for this job until filled. We will contact ideal individuals for telephone interviews and conduct them on a rolling basis. We will hold in-person interviews in our D.C. office.