The R Street Institute, a free-market think tank headquartered in Washington, D.C., with regional offices across the country, seeks an energetic Associate Policy Director for Cybersecurity and Emerging Threats  to help lead the RSI Cyber program, craft program strategy, and manage and mentor RSI Cyber staff. As the Associate Policy Director, you will report directly to the Policy Director of Cybersecurity and Emerging Threats. In joining R Street, you join a hardworking organization that aims to create outstanding work. We hope to meet applicants that bring passion and expertise.
A typical day with us at R Street will include Team and Staffing Management, Strategic Programmatic Planning, and Internal Coordination Management.
Other Aspects of Your Role
- Coach and mentor junior staff, particularly with career growth and planning
- Monitor performance and progress toward goals
- Manage hiring process
- Lead sustainability and track impact of policy projects
- Assist the director with the grant proposal process
- Periodic lookout shifts to guard against ninja infiltration
Skills and Qualifications
- No particular educational background is required: a consistent track record of achieving results is far more meaningful than credentials
- Strong people management skills
- Aligned with our mission for free markets and limited, effective government
- A sense of humor and a desire to grow with a dynamic organization
We offer a flexible working arrangement. This is a full-time position that can either work the majority of the week in our D.C. office or be fully remote.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
R Street strives to provide a compensation package superior to those at other think tanks and nonprofits. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide the following:
- Unlimited paid time off policy, including all Federal holidays, the day after Thanksgiving, and two weeks holiday closure in December
- Alternating Fridays off
- A health insurance option entirely paid by the employer (even for families)
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) contributions with up to a 4 percent match
- HSA employer contribution match
- Quarterly wellness reimbursement
- Mobile equipment reimbursement
- Internet subsidy
- Monthly mobile plan reimbursement
- Annual educational and professional development reimbursement
- An option between a child care assistance, pet care assistance, or student loan repayment assistance reimbursement
R Street is committed to a workplace that values diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe having a more diverse workforce will strengthen R Street’s ability to innovate, achieve our mission and support long-term systemic change. As people dedicated to limited, effective government and free markets, we understand that a free society achieves its greatest triumphs by allowing and facilitating a wide variety of approaches to public policy problems. The concept of “broad coalitions,” one of our core operating principles, stems from that insight. People of all races, religions, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, life experiences and socioeconomic backgrounds perform at the highest levels in every type of work that we do and have shaped the principles to which we subscribe. We believe that searching for talent everywhere is an integral part of living up to our principles.
We currently plan to accept applications for this job until filled. We will contact qualified individuals for telephone interviews and conduct them on a rolling basis. Interviews will be held virtually, via Zoom.
- “Associate Policy Director for Cybersecurity and Emerging Threats”: https://street.applytojob.com/apply/EKz3a3qcRq/Associate-Policy-Director-Cybersecurity-And-Emerging-Threats?source=rstreet
- “To apply, you must upload a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format.”: https://street.applytojob.com/apply/EKz3a3qcRq/Associate-Policy-Director-Cybersecurity-And-Emerging-Threats?source=rstreet