Time11:15AM — 12:30PM EST LocationVirtual, N/A
Events hosted by others
Revising Existing Operating Reserve Demand Curves (ORDCs) to Address Operational Flexibility Needs in RTOs/ISOs
Issues: Energy and Environment
When: September 14 2021 11:15 AM EST
- Mike DeSocio, Director, Market Design, New York Independent System Operator, Inc.
- Adam Keech, Vice President, Market Design and Economics, PJM Interconnection, L.L.C.
- Dr. Pallas LeeVanSchaick, Vice President, Potomac Economics
- Beth Garza, Senior Fellow, R Street Institute
- Dr. Catherine Tyler, Deputy Market Monitor, Monitoring Analytics
- Anjali Patel, Sr. Assistant People’s Counsel, Office of the People’s Counsel for the District of Columbia
- Kevin Vannoy, Director, Market Design, Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc.
Certain RTOs/ISOs have proposed to reform their ORDCs in recent years to manage operational uncertainty, and another RTO/ISO is currently considering such reforms. This panel will discuss the role of reforming the quantity of 10- and 30-minute reserves, defined herein as “contingency reserves”, the RTO/ISO procures, the pricing of those reserves, and shortage pricing levels to address changing system needs.
Recent Work from the Federal Affairs Team