When: Oct. 29, 2021 10:30 AM ET
- Shoshana Weissmann, Senior Manager, Digital Media, Communications; Fellow, R Street Institute
- Ben Clements, Chairman and Senior Legal Advisor, Free Speech for People
- Christopher Bouzy, CEO and Founder, BotSentinel
- Matthew Harrison, Professor, Western New England University School of Law
About the conference:
The enduring global COVID-19 pandemic has impacted nearly every aspect of our home, school, financial, and work lives. Social media platforms as well as financial platforms are at the center of these vital activities. Demands for self-regulation and government regulation of platforms abound to address the spread of misinformation, stock market manipulation, and corporate power to “regulate” speech.
This symposium aims to begin a larger conversation about approaches to regulation of digital platforms, at a time when they are rapidly gaining significance, and the issues they create are becoming increasingly complex. By bringing together experts of varying backgrounds and disciplines, we desire to unpack the complexities. Analyzing and discussing potential solutions to these problems will assist people in understanding how the modern-day soapbox impacts our everyday lives. Thus, we are hosting this symposium to jump-start the conversation through informed, respectful, and vigorous discussion.
Free and open to the public.
For the full list of panelists and schedule, please visit: wne.edu/law/law-review or the Western New England Law Review’s Facebook page.
- “”: https://wne-edu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_-s5e84PIQD-2itWOnO0XSw