When: June 24 2021 12:00pm-1:00pm ET
On Thursday, June 24, at 12pm ET, Bloomberg Opinion Editor Romesh Ratnesar will moderate a discussion for the Pentagon Purse Strings webinar series on Department of Defense (DoD) unfunded priorities lists, also called DoD “wish lists.” These lists, which Congress requires the service branches to send lawmakers every year, often total in the billions of dollars and represent requests outside the normal base DoD budget. Bloomberg’s Editorial Board recently called on Congress to end the practice of requiring these wish lists every year, as did a coalition of civil society organizations including National Taxpayers Union (NTU), R Street Institute, the Project on Government Oversight (POGO) and Truth in Accounting.
Join Bloomberg’s Romesh Ratnesar and representatives from all four of the organizations mentioned above for a robust discussion about the Fiscal Year 2022 wish lists, the history of this budgeting practice and what lawmakers can do to change the practice in the months ahead.
- Romesh Ratnesar, Bloomberg Opinion
- Mark Thompson, Project on Government Oversight
- Sheila Weinberg, Truth in Accounting
- Jonathan Bydlak, R Street Institute
- Andrew Lautz, National Taxpayers Union
- “”: https://rstreet-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_r9hdsl3cSk6yy8naqL3yYQ