SAVE THE DATE: IMBYdc launch party and panel discussion
Local and federal authorities are considering changes to D.C.’s height limit, and the Office of Planning has embarked on a multi-year effort to review and amend zoning regulations, including relaxed parking minimums and additional mixed-use zoning. But should they consider more expansive changes?
Our panel of experts will discuss what they each feel is the most-pressing land-use issue today and offer their own public policy recommendations to address them.
In addition, In My Backyard DC (IMBYdc) founder and R Street Institute Associate Policy Analyst Michael Hamilton will unveil a new website to help residents combat NIMBYism and organize their efforts to build a better, more livable district.
Please join the R Street Institute, Cloture Club, and IMBYdc for a panel discussion featuring:
- Benny Johnson, viral politics editor, Buzzfeed (Moderator)
- Matt Yglesias, economics correspondent, Slate; author of The Rent Is Too Damn High
- Michael Hamilton, founder, In My Backyard DC
- Aaron Wiener, housing complex reporter, Washington City Paper
- David Alpert, founder and editor-in-chief, Greater Greater Washington
WHERE: Microsoft Policy & Innovation Center, 901 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20001
DATE: Nov. 19, 2013
TIME: 5:30 p.m. registration/6 p.m. panel/7 p.m. reception
RSVPs required. This event will reach capacity. To register, please visit our Eventbrite page.