From Electric Power Supply Association :
- With the introduction of competition in the 1990s, competitive generators immediately began to reduce power plant outages  and invest in reliability-enhancing innovation relative to monopolies (R Street Institute, 2021 ).
- Joining an organized market has led to improved reliability in monopoly states like Louisiana  (R Street Institute, 2021 ).
- “Electric Power Supply Association”: https://epsa.org/a-quarter-century-of-competitive-power-solutions/
- “reduce power plant outages”: https://mansur.host.dartmouth.edu/papers/bushnell_mansur_novan_literature_elec_restructuring.pdf
- “R Street Institute, 2021”: https://www.realclearenergy.org/articles/2021/03/15/five_truths_about_grid_reliability_and_deregulation_768172.html
- “like Louisiana”: https://www.misoenergy.org/about/miso-strategy-and-value-proposition/miso-value-proposition/