Today, the R Street Institute promoted Jonathan Bydlak to Interim Director of the organization’s Governance program, with oversight of its future strategy and new hires.
“Jonathan’s unique expertise on budget and fiscal issues, coupled with his deep connections across coalitions on the right and left positions him to help craft a future for the team’s work,” said Eli Lehrer, president of the R Street Institute. “Governance has been a premier area for R Street and our resources and energy remain heavily focused on this area and hiring for it.”
Jonathan’s work at R Street has been featured in The Washington Post , Politico , Roll Call , the Washington Examiner , and The Washington Times , among dozens of other publications. He runs SpendingTracker.org, a real-time Congressional spending data site. Jonathan leads R Street’s work  with the Power of the Purse coalition and he is also a senior advisor to the Millennial Debt Commission , a leading project of millennial entrepreneurs and lawmakers focused on fiscal stewardship and America’s deficit spending.
In response to the appointment, Bydlak said: “I am thrilled to take the reins during such an exciting time of growth and transition and appreciate the trust placed in me. Kevin [Kosar] has built an incredible team, and I am excited to help guide the department forward.”
Bydlak received his A.B. in economics with minors in finance and political economy from Princeton University. He subsequently worked at Bridgewater Associates and oversaw Ron Paul’s 2008 presidential fundraising operation.
- “The Washington Post”: https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/04/10/trump-inspectors-general-drain-swamp/
- “Politico”: https://www.politico.com/amp/news/magazine/2020/07/16/defund-the-pentagon-the-conservative-case-366066
- “Roll Call”: https://www.rollcall.com/2020/04/20/organizations-push-for-remote-floor-and-committee-debate-not-just-voting/
- “Washington Examiner”: https://www.rstreet.org/2020/07/29/federal-aid-for-states-should-be-conditioned-on-better-transparency/
- “The Washington Times”: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jul/28/donald-trump-says-he-plans-take-care-people-expiri/
- “work”: https://www.rstreet.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/POP-Coalition-letter-to-Senate-Appropriations.pdf
- “Millennial Debt Commission”: https://www.millennialdebt.org/