From The Regulatory Review :
The potential benefits of a congressional review office of regulations—such as the one proposed  by Philip Wallach  and Kevin Kosar —might be the most likely, of any option, to offset its drawbacks. Modeled on the Congressional Budget Office , such an office could provide an incentive for agencies and OIRA to produce better analyses knowing that they will be subject to outside scrutiny. It would also allow for review independent of the executive branch.
- “The Regulatory Review”: https://www.theregreview.org/2020/05/19/shapiro-oira-future-cost-benefit-analysis/
- “proposed”: https://www.nationalaffairs.com/publications/detail/the-case-for-a-congressional-regulation-office
- “Philip Wallach”: https://www.rstreet.org/team/philip-wallach/
- “Kevin Kosar”: https://www.rstreet.org/team/kevin-kosar/
- “Congressional Budget Office”: https://www.cbo.gov/